October 9, 2014

Fall details

I am not a fan of fall.  Okay, I enjoy pumpkin and candles, hearty soups and fall decorations.  But I do not like being cold, things dying, darkness outside creeping earlier and earlier, and the struggles I have with long-sleeved shirts.*  Also, when I was a kid I hated the house to be dark.  My sister and I would run around the house flipping on all the lights and then we would get scolded later because the lights were on in empty rooms.  Sorry Mom and Dad, I didn't understand what an electric bill was.  

The extra space at the new apartment is awesome in so many ways but at the same time brings back those feelings of when I was a kid and being afraid of running up the stairs in the dark as fast as possible to go flip on the light.  Of course I don't actually think there is a creepy man hiding in the dark shadows of the guest room...but there very well could be a giant house centipede!  And really a creepy man and a centipede are equally dangerous in my mind.  

But anyways, so many people love fall.  The crispness of the air, the approaching holiday season, the beauty of the colorful leaves...blah blah blah...but in the spirit of embracing change and relishing the season I'll share some of our fall details.

We've got some harvest paraphernalia laying around the apartment.  Rite Aid 50% off for the win!


I made a fall fabric garland to hang from the TV stand.



We have a fun Halloween table runner and mini pumpkins stacked high for the centerpiece. Someone please come over and iron our tablecloth.  I'm too lazy.


I've got my Hopscotch and Honey season changing wreath decked out for October.  And Halloween candy ready for the grab.  Kids don't trick-or-treat in NYC apartment buildings so this is all for us. 


Fall scents and slippered feet.  We're ready for this. 


Oh, and football, because that's a fall thing too.

Happy fall everyone! 

* Tall people of the world can agree, stores do not accommodate long limbs when manufacturing clothing.  I hate it when shirt sleeves fall two inches above the wrist.  What is that?  Gaah, so annoying. 

1 comment:

  1. The place looks so cozy! I love that the cake stand from the wedding has a new life.

    ReplyDelete