October 31, 2014

Boo to you!

Happy Halloween!!!!

Dan sent me this ecard last year on Halloween.  I just realized they spelled Halloween wrong!

I truly feel like if Halloween falls on a Friday we shouldn't have to go to work.  Am I right? Ugh.

So Dan and I are hosting a little party at our place tonight with friends from church.  It will be casual and cute.  I didn't want to go overboard planning around the theme because who has time for that?  We just put up some decorations, made a couple of treats, hunted online for Halloween  game ideas, got some cheap prizes, will order some pizza, and a call it spooktacular. 



I was hoping that Harvey and Lil Casper would be our festive jack-o-lantern centerpiece but when I went to move them last night Harvey felt a little squishy.  I pulled the top off and found something quite frightening inside.


Let's choose to remember them in their finer hours.


Now guess what Dan and I are going to be for the holiday (don't comment if you already know).

Clues:
- Dan was allergic to his costume
- We are a classic couple
- I come in a variety of flavors
- No refrigeration necessary

Come back tomorrow for the photo reveal!  Have a sweet and spooky day!

In other news, yesterday was October 30th - our two month anniversary!!!

I convinced Dan he should get me two red roses because he got me one last month.  If he continued the tradition I would have a whole bouquet on our one year mark.  So he did.  So sweet.


Then he told me they charged him $4 per rose.  WHAT?  Too expensive for something that dies after two days.  So I think we'll end that tradition before it even started.  Drats.

I left a note and spooky wrapped favorite treats on his pillow.  No chocolate here.


Then we re-read our vows to one another.  It is a simple way to remind each other of the words that sealed our commitment.

Now, is it party time yet??

No comments:

Post a Comment