October 13, 2014

Dreams dashed

Happy Columbus Day?

Not much to celebrate except I'll take any free day off of work.  Dan didn't get today off so I'm flying solo and trying to remember how to entertain myself like I did as a single.  How did I forget so quickly?

Anyways, I scrubbed the tub and toliet...ya know, to be domestic.  And then I convinced myself that despite my great fear I should try to set-up my sewing machine so I can begin to fulfill my dream of sewing cool stuff.

Look how confident that box model looks:


I read the instructions very carefully and made sure I got every step correct before moving to the next.  I threaded the bobbin easy and got as far as picking-up the lower thread before the world came crashing down.


Several minutes of texting with my sister later (she got the same machine and has been a seamstress ever since, she's a natural crafter like that) and I got the darn threads to both end up in the back.


Now all the darn dials confuse me.  Please, all I want to do is a simple basic stitch.  This is what I got.


Hot mess.

Someone please tell me what setting to use.  I read in the book that loops on the bottom mean the tension is off.  Loops on the top mean the same thing but to turn the dial in the opposite direction.  Umm, hello?  How do I have loops on both sides?  Also, which is the front and which is the back side of the fabric?  Commonsense say the part that is facing up is the top but the backside looks better? 


Then the needle came un-threaded and I gave up.    Fortunately I walked away and no one got hurt...yet.

Terri Mom!  Help!

1 comment:

  1. The dials are confusing, but you should just stick with a straight stitch. I can give u a lesson at thanksgiving

    ReplyDelete