July 31, 2015

Peeks from the Week

Farewell July, you fire-crackered outta here SO fast.  Stick around longer next year will ya?

Anyways, happy Friday!!!!  Here is the cheery napkin note Dan put in my lunchbox this morning.  



This is what we've been up to all week:

X-Men.  Lots and lots of x-men.  Dan got the newest movie on DVD for his birthday and I wanted to watch some of the other ones too.  Dan already owned two on DVD and we rented the rest on Amazon.  Sunday-Wednesday night we watched X-Men, and I'm hooked.  Guys, for a superhero saga, it actually believable.  Of course DNA could mutate and make you a blue creature with the superpower to imitate anyone instantaneously.  Of course.    

We've been feeling Hot Hot Hot over here all week with a heat wave blowing through and I'm not annoyed by it one bit because long live summer!!!



Yesterday was Dan and my 11 month wedding anniversary.  In 31 more days we can stop counting the months and check off year one.  We've held strong to the tradition of re-reading our vows on the "30th" every month even if I remembered mere minutes before midnight.  We've been pulling out the index cards we used on the actual wedding day, all crinkled from water being spilled on them and dried.  I want to keep them forever but prevent them from wearing out.  So I strongly hinted that perhaps Dan should make something crafty and sustainable so we can reread our vows without hurting the originals.  It could be our first anniversary "paper" gift.  Hey Buddy, this is your not so discreet reminder.  

Also last night I got to hang-out with Rebekah and make crafty garlands and chat.  Also she made amazing chocolate eclair parfaits which were delicious.  It did my chocolate deprived soul good.  I'm hoping we get to do more girl's craft nights soon.

When I got home I found this!!!  Happy early birthday to me and how sweet is it that Dan decorated it in an effort to "wrap" it?  So excited to test it out this weekend.



And finally, my current song obsession of the week: "This Life" by The Afters



Hope you enjoyed these peeks.  Have a great weekend!



1 comment: