July 10, 2015

Peeks from the Week

Nothing much has happened this week so today's Peek is a whole lot of random. 

I decided to take a break from dance this month because well, laziness, that's the real reason.  But it has left us with a convenient window to do grocery shopping sans crowds.  I'm still sort of stinking it up with the meal planning except on Tuesday nights.  We've got the breakfast for dinner thing down!  It's our fave.  Oh and pizza Friday, we're good at that too.


On Tuesday we followed dinner with a walk to the pier at sunset.  It was such a pleasant walk minus the fact that Wednesday is garbage day and the heat sort of "cooked" the bags on the street.  It truly smelled lovely.  Otherwise, the views were great.


The ladies out there can relate to this, it took me two months to get an appointment with my OBGYN.  I needed to see her back in April but it was impossible to get anything until this Wednesday.  It's no wonder urgent care offices make so much money.   Anyways, I am now officially part of the 5% of women with chronic yeast infections with no known cause.  I know, TMI, sorry it's life, just giving you reality and making sure no one wishes they were me.  Anyways if it keeps happening I'll have to go on anti-fungal for 6 months which I don't want to do because I don't like excessive use of medication.  But if those don't work then I have to take boric acid.  Yes, the stuff they use to kill roaches.  Please help me pray it doesn't come to that.

Anyways, switching tracks again...one of the things on our summer bucket list is to try two new restaurants.  Thursday night we decided to try a local Mexican restaurant called Blue Agave.  It used to be called something else (Las Margaritas or something like that) and we went there all the time and loved it.  They closed it about a year ago and remodeled to be this chic looking expensive place.  We decided to try it.  Basically it was the same menu just way more expensive and honestly not that good.  Chipotle is cheaper and better.  Also, since the menu was the same we decided we couldn't count it towards our "try a new restaurant."  Bummer.   Also, as Dan and I were getting up to leave the top of our table on the patio flipped up and Dan's water glass flew off the table and shattered.  Oops.  Never going back there again.

I just finished reading one of my Kindle First Picks.  It was called Gemini Effect by Chuck Grossart.  I must not have read the description too thoroughly before I picked it.  It ended up being a horror novel about mutant rats devouring the United States at the same time Russian spies overthrow the government and nuclear war breaks out.  Then we saw Jurassic World last week and then it seemed like every day there was a crazy person outburst on my subway ride to work.  Needless to say, it is a very tumultuous time in my brain right now. 



Happy Friday! Enjoy your weekend

No comments:

Post a Comment