July 27, 2015

Weekending it

My weekends start early in the summer, thanks to Summer Fridays.  Last week I went and sat by the water near my office and chatted with my Momma on the phone.  Then I walked along the esplanade to Battery Park.  It's shaping up to be such a pretty summer.



I was texting with Dan and he was actually in the city meeting with a client and got off work early too.  He met me and we took advantage of the serendipitous time to ride the Staten Island Ferry.


I'd only been on this free ferry once before when I lived in NYC for a month and a half during my undergrad days as a studious Gilder Lehrman History Scholar.

Since moving here over five years ago I never had the desire to get on that boat again (it's a tourist trap).  But Dan suggested and I thought, well why not?  It was free and fun.





Fun little adventure.

Saturday afternoon we headed to Floyd Bennett Field for a birthday party with a lot of people from church.  It was a Route 66 theme to celebrate Jim's 66th birthday.  We had a lot of fun. 






On Sunday we had the soccer/arts camp again.  I decided to do friendship bracelets with the elementary kids since they were all ages 9-11 and, I thought, the concept was pretty simple (pick three colors of string and tie knots).  It ended up being too complex of a craft for them.  Very frustrating experience.  I  guess the soccer portion went well?  Also little kids in oversize t-shirts are the cutest. 





Sunday afternoon once we had recharged after church we got Italian Ices and went for a long walk.  We finished the evening with egg in a pie shell thing for dinner and watching X-men...which I am now hooked on.   


Also, Birthday shout-out to Sam (Dan's "little" brother).  He turns 26 today.

No comments:

Post a Comment