July 2, 2015

Every Girl Link-up: 4th of July Decorating Details

Linking-up with Astleigh and Rachel for their Every Girl Link-up today.  The theme is 4th of July Touches.  Follow this link to see all the other decorating touches. 

I put up our patriotic decorations two weeks ago so that we could enjoy the details for more than just the day.  My standard go-to for seasonal/holiday decorations at this apartment is a festive table runner and a fabric garland.  They are easy to store and add a lot of holiday pop.



I got the red/white striped runner at Century 21 (local discount department store) and the polka dot tablecloth and matching runners are Tommy Hilfiger from TJMaxx.


I ordered some inexpensive American flags from Amazon and scattered them about the room and added them to a vase with sunflowers.  Sunflowers are pretty patriotic in my opinion.  Also, Kansas.  Because Dan is from Kansas.  I drew some more patriotic flare on the mini chalkboards on the gallery wall.


The fabric garlands are something I make for every season because they are easy and homemade and cover a lot of decorative space.  A tutorial for the garland is here


And, of course, I swapped out my July felties on my season changing wreath.  And that's it.


Happy Birthday America!! We are so grateful and so blessed to call this country our home.

4 comments:

  1. All of your 4th of July touches are so sweet! And I'm all about a festive table runner too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your gallery wall is wonderful! I love the sunflowers and flags together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The striped table runner and polka dot tablecloth are PERFECT!!
    I love your garland as well :)

    ReplyDelete