July 28, 2014

An introduction to an old friend

So I've mentioned Rocky Pants before...He is an elephant desk critter with an appetite for adventure.  When I remember, he comes with us on trips to different places and makes appearances to document his presence.

His name is unique, and a story worth sharing.

When Dan and I first started dating we had this thing where we would ask each other three questions and the person got to choose two to answer.  After awhile we were running out of general questions so one time I asked "how many pairs of pants do you have?"  Dan replied by listing out something like "four pairs of jeans, five pairs of dress pants, three athletic pants, and one pair of Rocky pants."

Rocky pants?!?

I said, "what are Rocky pants?"  Dan said, "you know those pants that Rocky wears, I can't remember what they are called."  Confused, I asked, "Do you mean sweat pants???"  Dan said, "yeah, sweat pants."

I thought it was hilariously adorable so now sweat pants are called Rocky pants.

Several weeks later I was looking at this desk critter I had on at work that I got at Dave and Buster's one time.  He had yet to be named and when I looked at him I knew his name would be Rocky Pants.  One, because of his color and two, because he has that Rocky victory pose.


Am I right??

I tell you all of this because Rocky Pants joined Dan and I this weekend for our whirlwind trip of apartment moving, and building, and planning...I didn't want you all to be confused by the ridiculous toy we lugged around.  Weekending it post to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment