July 21, 2014

Sign of things to come? I sure hope not

So about four days after we signed the lease at the new apartment we discovered a leak in the bathroom ceiling.  Dun dun dun.


I am documenting the entire incident here in case we ever have to take our case before Judge Judy.  

We called the Super after discovering the leak and put a trash can under the drip.  When Dan went back the next day it was clear the Super hadn't been to the apartment because it looked like this:

Lovely
Dan called the Super again and he came and looked at the mess.  Apparently there was a leak coming from the apartment above ours.  Later that night we returned to find this:


You can bet how pleased I was about that.  Yeah, the bathroom wasn't sightly to begin with.  We called the Super again and he told us there was nothing more he could do and we'd have to call the Landlord/Development Company that owns the building.  That was early evening on July 3rd (a holiday weekend) so that meant we couldn't call until Monday.

I called Monday morning the 7th and used my "I'm annoyed don't mess with me voice" to communicate to the lady that this was unacceptable.  She told me that it had to sit a week to "dry out" before the contractor could come a put up a new ceiling.  She said the contractor would call me on Thursday or Friday.  I never got a call.

So I called back again Monday the 11th and spoke to the same lady and she was apologetic that the contractor never called.  Later that day we had an appointment for the workers to come the following day when Dan could be there to supervise.

Dan was also moving all of his stuff into the place on Tuesday so it was a little hectic for him but this is what it looked like when I came over on Tuesday night:


Yeah, I do not approve.  And they left plaster all over the bathroom walls. Terrible craftsmanship.  If I was paying out of pocket for this fix I would have refused to pay. 

They came back Thursday to "even things out" and paint.  This is what it looks like now:


It's acceptable but not quality.  The ceiling slopes.  But this weekend we worked really hard on fixing up the place and my special project was to attack the nasty bathroom with a vengeance.  To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment