December 2, 2013

Rocky Pants in Kansas

For Thanksgiving, Dan and I traveled to Kansas to spend some time with his family.  I was super nervous because there were supposed to be a lot of people there and I get really intimated with meeting new people.  I hate to attract attention and I knew that since I would be the "new" person I would have to ready for major socializing.  Although I was nervous I was also really excited to have a mini vacation and a break from work. Of course, my worries were silly and it turned out to be a wonderful time. 

We left early Tuesday morning and hopped on a plane headed west.  Rocky Pants joined us because he is always looking for adventure.


Some of my favorite highlights from the trip include (in no particular order):
  • Dan's parent's dog, Baby.  She was so sweet, cuddly, and squirmy.
  • Excellent home cooked food from Dan's mom: cornbread pancakes, pull-apart rolls, vegetable soup...
  • Spending tons of time with Dan 
  • Decorating for Christmas and hanging lights outside (that was a first for me).
  • Trying unusual things like korv (a sausage hash-like thing - that's how you spell it, I looked it up!) and pickled herring.
  • Meeting so many wonderful and welcoming people that love Dan to pieces.  It was really neat to see how much his family loves and supports him. They were also very nice to me.
  • Getting some tips from Dan's mom about how to crochet 
  • Looking at baby pictures of Dan and hearing lots of stories 
  • Not having to go to work for 4 days
  • Cute kids  
  • And lots more...it was all around a great trip   

No comments:

Post a Comment