November 5, 2015

Every Girl Link-up: Thanksgiving Decorating Details

Linking-up again with Rachel and Astleigh to share decorating details for Thanksgiving.

Hill Collection

You guys, at this point I'm done with the fall decor.  It's been up since September and I want nothing more than to take it all down and put up the Christmas tree and throw red and green sparkles everywhere.  But, I am a FIRM believer that Christmas stays in the closet until the weekend after Thanksgiving.

That being said, Thanksgiving decor is sparse.  I took down our Halloween touches on Sunday and moved a few things around.  I truly only have two specific Thanksgiving decor items.   A table runner (classic Stephanie) and a mantle sign.


The table runner is from TJMaxx (of course) and it has a cute little ruffle.  I opted to put it on the sideboard and put a solid fallish colored tablecloth on the table.  The tablecloth is wrinkled because I just don't care.


I moved a few things around on the TV stand to make room for the cute mantle sign I got at a gift shop in Cape May back in August.



These little pumpkins we picked-up at the gift shop when we went apple picking and they adorn the tables in the entryway.


We still have the twig pumpkins from Rite Aid hanging around, the fall plaid table runner, and my scraggly fall fabric garland out.

I switched out the felties on my wreath for November and Dan picked out these acorn salt and pepper shakers a few months ago.  And that's about all I can tolerate for fall decor.


I told Dan that I wanted a turkey something for the table centerpiece and he agreed but I am on a strict no tjmaxx budget right now.   But maybe when we are in Kansas later this month I can find something on deep discount.

And since I have turkey on the brain I thought I would share my favorite part about the Thanksgiving meal.  Canned jelly cranberry sauce.  I know!  People hate it but it holds so much childhood charm for me.  Mandy and I would cut our slice into tiny squares by making a checkered pattern with a knife and then eat each tiny square one by one.  It drove our Dad nuts.  But yumm!

Source

7 comments:

  1. I totally feel the same way! Time for Christmas decs!!! Ha, but yours looks so pretty. And I LOVE the print with the canned cranberry sauce, so festive!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The print is actually a greeting card from Paper Source! I added a link to the source. But so clever right? Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. I'm in the Christmas boat too! Let's bring out all the piney goodness already!! I may or may not be burning a balsam candle today :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I wish I could burn a candle at work. Also, don't tell anyone but I have a Christmas Pandora station on right now. Oops. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. Stephanie you do a great job decorating our place!! It always looks amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your table runners--I am so envious! :)
    I have been checking them out at TJ Maxx, so I better snag a good Christmas one soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You did better decor than me, I've got my wreath and small table sign that says happy fall. The end.

    ReplyDelete