July 9, 2014

Color Run

So I used to be really big into running.  Then my knees started not working so good so I stopped for a long time.  Dan is a runner too and we went on a few jogs together before his foot started bothering him.

We signed up to do a Color Run in Brooklyn with a few other people from church and I was super excited because I had seen pictures of people at a color run and it looked SO fun.


First of all they give you a schwag bag filled with goodies like a free t-shirt and headband.  There was music and color and vendors giving out free stuff.  Dan and I got a ride from a family at church and they brought their two cute little boys.  Dan couldn't run so he took pictures and waited for me at the finish line.





I hadn't planned on running the whole time but once I got going I decided to huff it as much as I could and apparently finished in the top 30. The run was a blast because everyone was in a fun mood and it wasn't competitive or crazy.  When you ran under the color arches people would throw the colored cornstarch at you and by the end of the race you were a rainbow.




Then after several hundred people finished they gathered everyone by the stage and everyone threw packets of the color in a giant rainbow.  Dan caught some great pictures. 


I really enjoyed the experience and would totally do it again and hopefully Dan can do it too since I know he would have loved to participate. 



No comments:

Post a Comment