July 15, 2014

The Lost Week

Last Monday my mom came to NYC to help take care of me during recovery from surgery.

This is me before surgery, modeling my hospital wear.  Shhh, we kept that seersucker robe
The surgery was on Tuesday and after that I literally lost the week.  It disappeared out from under us and here we are into the third week of July and I don't know where the week before it went...actually I do.  My mom and I slept in every day.  Watched TV and movies and were generally unproductive.  And it was bliss.  She made me her homemade rice pudding which is my favorite and taught me how to embrioder.  The recovery wasn't sunshine and roses but it was bearable with my Momma and we had some good bonding time.


Dan was very helpful too.  He stayed with my Mom at the hospital waiting for 12 hours while I was in the surgery and recovery.  They picked me out a new buddy from the gift shop and gave her to me while I was still in a semi sedated state and literally couldn't keep my eyes open.  


I named her Clover and she has a packet of dried lavender in her bum that you can microwave to make her warm to snuggle with!   Dan also came over every night after he got off work to join the movie fest.  And after my Mom left he did his best to cheer me up as I missed her desperately.  He brought out all the buddies and lounged with me all weekend and was a real gentleman. 


I got a few cards from friends and a beautiful bouquet of flowers from my big sissy, Jessy, and her husband, my brudder Josh.  A girl could really get used to this...


But the band-aids are gone and I can stand on my own two feet so life is now back to normal and back to work. Bleh.

No comments:

Post a Comment