July 1, 2014

Honk House

This weekend was also my end of the year dance recital for my tap class.  I was determined to redeem my performance from last year and do a much better job.  Also, because this year it was a duet and girl can't hide mistakes when there are only two on stage!


The other woman in my class and I have been working on this number since at least December so I was fairly confident in my ability to do the dance but not so confident about doing it live on stage in front of an audience.  The song was called "Honk House" which was ridiculous because the music did not fit with the title at all and all I think of is a crazy clown or a strip club when I hear "honk house."  Anyways, the dance had a Latin flare with maracas! Sorry for the blur, Dan did his best to take moving pictures. 


Despite the busy and tiring weekend Dan was my super fan and came to watch the whole show...over 2 hours long! My dance was the third number and he actually got video!


I was happy with how it went and relieved when it was over.  The finale went well too!!
 
At the surprise shower last weekend, my friend who encouraged me to start dancing, did her little blog post activity (mentioned here) about Dan's support for my dance.  I thought it was sweet and spot-on, so I'll share it here.  Hopefully you can read her beautiful handwriting: 


No comments:

Post a Comment