June 30, 2014

I Love You

June 30, 2013.

One year ago today, was a Sunday.  We had a church picnic and later in the afternoon a friend got baptized at Coney Island. I even remember what I was wearing.  It had been an exhausting week with a mission group from Kansas in town and kids soccer clinic.

Even though it was a busy week, Dan and I spent a lot of time together and had deep discussions.  That Sunday night Dan told me, again, how much he "liked me."  My mom can attest,  I was getting tired of the "like" word.  I knew my feelings for Dan were deeper than "like" but I didn't want to scare him.  

But that night my heart took a risk and I asked him what he meant by "like." He explained how much he cared about me and how he couldn't imagine life without me.  I said "that sounds like more than just 'like'."  He said, "maybe it is I don't know."  So I shared my heart and told him how much he meant to me and I knew that in my heart it was different than like, it was love.  He agreed.  

From that moment our relationship changed. What was timid and hesitant before was now free and we moved to a deeper level of comfort with one another growing deeper ever since.  

June 30 will always be a special date to me.  One filled with memories of restless excitement and hope.  

1 comment:

  1. I love the story. I'm so glad you were brave enough to say you loved each other.

    ReplyDelete