June 30, 2014

Weekending it

It was a very busy and productive weekend.

On Friday we made a beeline for the Home Goods (out in far away Brooklyn) after work because Dan was able to borrow his boss's car.   Of course I dream about Home Goods and then when I actually get to go there I can't make any decisions.  We finally ended up with a large hassock that has storage.  Funny thing, my twin has the exact same one and I had no idea!  We will be using it as a coffee table of sorts in our new living room!  Right now it's chilln' in the entryway


Then we  headed to Lowes and stocked up on painting and cleaning supplies.


We were up bright and early on Saturday ready to go to Home Depot and get blinds, paint, and lots and lots of other odds and ends.


I'm super grateful we had a car to borrow for the weekend because there was a lot of hauling.  We moved all of the collected new apartment and wedding gifts we've gotten so far to the new place so  we both have fewer boxes in our current apartments. 

After Home Depot we got started on putting things together.  Dan worked super hard on hanging up all of the window shades.  It was a tough job but he put his new drill to good use and he persevered through the frustration and got them all up by the end of the weekend.  They look great.  Thanks Buddy!




Meanwhile, I worked on the kitchen!  I scrubbed all the shelves (more on that later), cut and applied liners for the shelves, ran the dishwasher, and washed all of our new plates and cooking stuff!



I dreamed about what else we needed in there to make it perfect and hung up the flower twinkly lights for homey-ness.  I found a cute clock at Century 21 and there was already a hook in the wall so it was a meant-to-be place for it.  



In between all of that we also had the youth group Out-of-School Party in the park complete with a watermelon eating contest and fun games like capture the flag.  We had a good time although I got skinned-up pretty bad sliding down a hill and we found the corpse of a squirrel.  


Dan and I tried the wheelbarrow race which was a hilarious fail.  One of the teens caught a good progression of the attempt.


And that's not all!  Happy weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment