June 2, 2014

This is excitement

Saturday was a rough day for reasons only the girl world would understand.  Which is why the day was made immeasurably better by the arrival of boxes at the mail center.  Our first registry gifts arrived and boy is it awesome sauce!

I am not having a bridal shower for several reasons which I feel I must explain so that people don't wonder or feel like they were not invited.  Mainly, I didn't want one.  This is because we are having two reception-like gatherings after the wedding and I felt those two events would make a shower redundant.  Also, logistics and timing are not friends.  I live in NYC, Mandy and my grandma live in Chicago, my mom lives in Denver, and Jessy lives in California.  However you slice it, multiple people would be paying for airfare and having to take time off of work for a party I don't want anyways. 

However, gifts will arrive which is super exciting since we are getting closer and closer to being able to find a new apartment and start a home together. Squeeeeeeee!!!!! (that's excitement). In order to know who sent what and because neither of us (mostly me) would be able to stare at boxes for three more months we decided to have an ultra mini shower in my apartment. Invited guests: Dan, me, Philbin, and Puddles.  We had hot dogs and bbq chips, there was laundry on the floor, and no decorations. 

We got a drill and drill bits from good family friends and old neighbors Alison and Mark. Yay boy toys.   A Fiesta sauce boat, Fiesta serving utensils, and a Rachel Ray vegetable peeler from Dan's mom.  She sent a super sweet card and the gifts were even wrapped for a shower!  Thanks a bunch Terri mom! Annnnd, the adorable and surprisingly big tea cups from Anthropolgie from my good friend Amanda D.   I am so in love with everything and even more anxious to get into some place bigger and try all this amazing stuff out.  Thanks everyone!!! Enjoy the progression shots below. 





No comments:

Post a Comment