June 24, 2014

Recipe: Fruit Dip

When my sisters and I were young we would come home from school and immediately have a snack.  I recall many a day when Mandy and I would consume a full bag of Doritos or eat like 3 bowls of cereal.  Ahh, to be in middle school again... Some days our mom would make a creamy dip that tasted like caramel and was great to eat with sliced apples.  I asked her for this recipe before I moved to Brooklyn.  Who knew it was so easy!  It is a stand-by for when I have people over or when I need something to bring to a party or group gathering.

The stuff
- 8 oz package of cream cheese (works best in the block form)
- 3/4 cup of white sugar
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla

Get mixin'
- Let the cream cheese soften to room temperature (you can make it straight from the fridge but it takes a lot more arm strength)
- Mix together all ingredients until smooth
- Enjoy with sliced apples, grapes, pretzels, strawberries, anything!


No comments:

Post a Comment