December 7, 2015

Weekending it

Another jam packed weekend!

Friday night Dan and I made pizza with fresh dough he got an Italian restaurant by his work and we finished watching The Man in the High Castle on Amazon.  So good! We hope the series continues.

Saturday morning we didn't sleep-in quite as late as usual but got around and ready to host a friend for morning coffee and scones.  I got frantic on time and cut the scones haphazardly which made for some interesting expansion but they were still yum!


That afternoon I crafted and we watched Elf.  That movie is the best!  Laughing out loud and smiles the whole time.  Always puts me in a good mood.


In the evening we met up with friends from church and walked around Dyker Heights to view the amazing Christmas light displays.  Dan and I went last year with Brian and Emily (see here) and now it's tradition.  The neighborhood is right next to ours but is almost exclusively large houses instead of apartments.  Every December many of the residents go wild with the lights.  Tourist buses come just to seem them.  This time we had a lot of kids in our troop and it was fun to see what they were excited about.



 

This one was my favorite this year




Afterwards we enjoyed burgers and fries with the McGee crew and then Dan and I splurged on some Christmas gifts and a decorative throw blanket at TJMaxx. 

Um, Sunday was a nightmare.  Sometimes this happens.  Dan had the teens making candy-filled care packages for the college students in our congregation.  Candy + middle schoolers = mayhem.  And I had my hands full with eight kids under the age of seven, by myself.   Also, try explaining animal sacrifice to a five year old.  After a stressful class I decided to add more stress by going to the grocery store on Sunday afternoon.  Place was packed.  And, a small fight broke out when one employee spit in the face of another.  Aaahhhh! #Brooklyn.

That afternoon I finished my crafting and sent pictures to Mandy for her etsy shop.  Check back tomorrow for a full reveal and chance to enter our very first giveaway!!! No sponsor, just 100% homemade sweetness.

I made macaroni and cheese to deliver to friends and I got to cuddle their newborn baby for a bit and refill my soul with hope for humanity.  Then I took Dan along for his first ever babysitting experience, although it was perhaps the easiest babysitting ever.   The kids were sleeping angels.  So we watched tv ;o).

And now it's Monday.  Blah! Already wishing for the weekend.  Don't forget to come back tomorrow but here is a sneaky peek. 



1 comment:

  1. The Hedgehogs! So cute!!!!!

    Dyker Heights seems like a fun neighborhood to explore! Oh my goodness!

    ReplyDelete