June 3, 2014

There will be shoes

Remember that stress dream I had about walking down the aisle in flip flops?  See here.  Well, that is a nightmare not to be re-lived because we have shoes!!!

Payless came through again this season with adorable wedge peep-toe shoes just as I had imaged Jessy wearing in the dream.  Mandy and Jessy will wear the black and I will wear the white.

Nailed it!


In other news.  The invites are almost ready to be sent.  We just have to seal them all...and there is the matter of the postage.


Since I have no experience planning a wedding, when I ordered the stamps in bulk way back in February I calculated how many we would need based on the number of invites plus the envelopes for the RSVP return cards.  I thought I was pretty smart. 

Well, I didn't think about the added weight of the invitation with the number of extra inserts required to communicate all there is to know about this darn day.  So Dan, smartly, thought we should weigh the envelope to see if we needed extra postage.  The lady at the mail center said to put another stamp on it!  A whole other stamp?! Seriously?

As it would happen, I ran into Don/Ron on Saturday and asked him about this issue.  He said "you should have bought the Love stamp that is meant for the extra size/weight of most wedding invitations."  Yeah, not what I wanted to hear.  How the heck should I know about the Love stamp, I've never been married before?

I replied, "well I didn't so now what I don't want to put another entire stamp on the card if it is just a little over weight."  He said to take it to the Post Office and have them tell me exactly how much extra postage it needs.  He said they used to sell a 10 cent stamp or I could put several penny stamps on the invitation.  I said, but then the stamps won't match...and he rolled his eyes.



No comments:

Post a Comment