May 29, 2018

Weekending it

Sometimes our weekends just feel so ordinary that I often don't see the point in posting anything about them. But then I like looking back at ordinary days and feeling grateful that we have some memory of the mundane.

This weekend was my first summer Friday for the season! It's my favorite perk of my job. I got home early and Mandy and I took Kippy for an afternoon walk to get McDonald's iced coffee and people watch at the park.



On Saturday Mandy and I got pedicures while Dan took Kip for a stroll. Then Dan and I headed to a church picnic. It was HOT and the first time Kip has really been outside in that kind of heat. He kept him in the shade but his cheeks still turned bright red and his head was sweaty. 

He didn't seem to mind the heat too much and he was loved on by his church fan club. He also finally noticed a dog! I've been trying to get him to notice dogs on the street and he was never interested. At the picnic, Moses (our friend's golden retriever) was very gentle with Kip and suddenly it clicked. Kippy kept sticking his hands in his hair and letting Moses lick him. He would squeal and reach his hands out. It was super cute.



We didn't stay long due to the heat and then headed back home to try and get Kip to nap before the next picnic event for the day. He napped longer than expected and we just couldn't get it together to head out into the heat again.

On Sunday the weather turned gloomy and rainy. I had brunch team so we got to church super early again and didn't leave until super late. Naps were a disaster which is becoming an unfortunate trend on Sundays. Back at home, Kip was getting into everything.



Dan had Monday off from work and I loved having the day with just my boys. Unfortunately, Kip is teething really badly right now and not sleeping great, so no one slept-in. We just hung around the apartment and went on several nice walks during the day. It was warm but not hot so we strolled a lot.



That evening we got invited over to our friend's rooftop for an early dinner and we managed to Kip keep up past his bedtime without any major meltdowns.



He is perfectly happy as long as he can get into things unrestricted. 

1 comment:

  1. How nice that you can take strolls around your neighborhood! Kip is so cute with the dog!

    ReplyDelete