May 16, 2018

Weekending it

We had a lovely Mother's Day weekend and I felt very spoiled and loved.

Friday night I got to have a mom's night out with some church friends at one of my favorite restaurants in the neighborhood.

On Saturday Dan got up with Kip and let me sleep-in until Kip was hangry. I nursed him and then we all got a morning nap. Then we got around and headed to IKEA and Home Depot to pick-up some stuff for the apartment. In the afternoon Dan helped a friend move and Kippy and I went for a walk and did some shopping for Auntie Jessy's birthday.

Dan let me sleep in AGAIN on Sunday! Sleeping-in isn't the same as it used to be but let me tell you, even 30 minutes of extra sleep is bliss. We got Kip all gussied up and spent a solid 10 minutes trying to get a good picture of him with my Mother's Day flowers from Dan.

Attempts:
Success:


And then in the car ride to church he blew-out his outfit and we had to change in the car before walking in. So no cute family photo. Sigh.

After church we went to Dekalb Market (a fancy food hall) with cousin Kourtney and enjoyed some delicious barbecue and ice cream before heading to Trader Joe's for groceries.


Afternoon naps were a bust but otherwise our day was great. I got some lovely cards and gift cards from my parents and Dan, Mandy got me a shopping spree to the Loft, my first Willow Tree figure from Terri Mom, and a huge bouquet of flowers from Jessy. It was a special day.



And look what Kippy made me! Oh my heart. A sweet little hand print for my desk at work (thank you, Mandy, for helping him with this treasure).


No comments:

Post a Comment