June 20, 2017

Weekending it

My oh my, we had a whirlwind weekend.

This past Thursday Mandy arrived in New Jersey to settled into her new apartment and new life!!!! Dan took the day off of work to help her and my parents unload the moving truck and start assembling furniture. When Dan and I went with Mandy in April to find a place to rent we liked the place we picked but the unit she actually got is even better because it was fully renovated. Her one bedroom apartment in New Jersey is probably the same size as our two bedroom apartment in Brooklyn - and we don't have a brand new kitchen nor do we pay that cheap of rent. Oh, the perks of suburban living.

Thursday night Dan and my mom drove back to Brooklyn (only a quick 30 minute drive through Staten Island!!!) and my mom and I had a nice mother-daughter dinner date at Gino's.

Friday morning Dan went to work and I my mom and I grabbed bagels and drove back over to New Jersey to check-out Mandy's place. By the time we arrived my older sister Jessy had landed from L.A. and we had a little reunion at Mandy's apartment. We all worked to get some things unpacked, Jessy and Mandy bonded with the baby by refusing to keep their hands off my belly, and then got pizza for lunch before all piling in Mandy's car and going to my place in Brooklyn. I know it sounds like a lot of back and forth (which it was) but HOLY COW is it nice to have access to a car and it is so AWESOME to only be 30 minutes from Mandy instead of half the country away.

That night we got all gussied up and met Dan and my mom's cousins at Peter Luger's Steakhouse for a dinner celebration for my Dad's 70th birthday. He's been wanting to go back ever since we went a couple of years ago.




The steak was awesome and the baby loved all that meat protein. Dan and I eat pretty simply so have a real piece of meat was a treat (don't worry, Mandy and I shared a "well done" steak)!!


All six of us slept at our apartment on Friday night and got up the next day to prepare for the baby shower that afternoon! I'll share a separate post about the shower but it was a fun family event. Since Mandy was moving out here and my parents were helping her drive across country and get settled, we decided to just cram as much family celebration in the same weekend - Mandy's move, my dad's birthday, and my baby shower. It actually worked out really well since my older sister was able to fly out and join us for all of it.


After the baby shower hoopla we enjoyed an Indian food feast for dinner and one last night together before Jessy flew home Sunday morning. Dan and I went to church and then met up with Mandy and my parents in New Jersey for the afternoon. We helped do a few more things around the apartment and then explored the area.

There is an adorable waterfront area that was just so cute and happy. Dan took this nice photo of the four of us by the water. You guys, I don't look pregnant in this photo AT ALL. It's weird.


We enjoyed dinner together and then they drove us back to Brooklyn for before our final goodbyes. It was a great weekend and although we did a lot and there were a lot of people and stressful logistics, everyone was happy and in good moods which made for even better memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment