June 30, 2017

Peeks from the Week

We had a busy, busy week and I'm, for once, not being lazy about posting on a summer Friday.

On Monday we got to have a 33-week ultrasound to check on the cyst that I have. It's fine. The tech was sort of odd and very hard to understand so we have some questions for the doctor when we see her next week but otherwise all is well. Baby is definitely a boy (thank goodness because now I can't imagine having a girl). And he is average size for this stage in the pregnancy. 70% percentile. He is facing head down (yay!) and face to my back so we didn't get any good pictures but we saw him and that's what counts.

After the ultrasound we had a tour of the maternity ward even though we had already visited that place a few weeks ago. The nurse was very nice and it seems like a perfectly fine hospital to deliver. I hope we can get a private room after the birth but it's pretty pricey and they only have 5 available so I've made my peace with potentially sharing. The only downside is Dan can't spend the night if I don't get a private room and I don't want to spend my first night alone with the baby in a shared room. We'll see.

Tuesday night I got busy writing my shower thank you notes and Dan and I worked together to finish all the baby laundry. Oh man, I didn't think folding laundry could get any more fun but baby clothes are just the best!! I feel pretty set for clothes at least for the first 9 months.



The baby's room is SO close to being finished and after this weekend it might be ready for the blog reveal!!

Last night Dan and I went up to Yankee Stadium after work to watch the NYC Football Club game against Minnesota. Last year we decided that rather than get birthday presents we would do adventures instead. Dan had a whole choose-your-own-adventure birthday last year and this year he just picked a few fun things to do. One was the soccer game.





We had a blast. It wasn't crowded and it wasn't hot. We enjoyed the game. NYC won and we got home speedy quick. It was a good night with my birthday buddy.

And now it's FRIDAY and a birthday/holiday weekend. Both Dan and I get four-day weekend and we have a full day planned tomorrow to celebrate his special day. Check back next week for a full recap.

1 comment:

  1. I love baby clothes. That bat onesie is super adorable.

    ReplyDelete