June 12, 2017

Weekending it

We're feeling hot hot hot!

Last Monday I wore a coat to work. Today is a scorcher. Although I prefer a coolish breeze, I'm not complaining because it's summer and that's my favorite.

This weekend Dan and I had a lot of commitments which always sort of bums me out since I like being able to get stuff done over the weekend and fully prepare for the week ahead. This week is going to be super busy so getting stuff done was really important. We got some done, not enough though.

On Saturday we went into the city and endured the terrible weekend subways to get all the up to the Upper West Side for the final session in the leadership program we've been doing since October. It was a great program but I'm glad we no longer have to budget 2+ hours to get somewhere on a Saturday morning. In the afternoon we headed back to Bay Ridge to meet-up with Couples Club!!!

Remember Couples Club? It was something that Dan and I organized right after we got married to get together with a few other couples at our church to just hang out. After one of the couples moved away and another had a baby, we didn't really get together regularly. This past weekend Josh and Lynn came back for a visit and we manged to pull a short gathering together. Now with two babies in tow and one on the way!!


Saturday night we relaxed with a movie.

Whereas last Sunday was a mess of poor timing and too much activity, this Sunday we planned ahead and budgeted plenty of time to get to everything we wanted. We left two hours early to get to church so we were able to leisurely walk to the Ferry instead of run, and then leisurely walk from the ferry to church and arrive on time as opposed to 20 minutes late!!






We had lunch at church and then went and saw Wonder Woman in a nice air conditioned theater instead of stalling around outside without anything to do until our next commitment. Dan really wanted to see Wonder Woman as part of his birthday present (not until July) but it worked with our timing and so we splurged. We loved it and highly recommend, even if you aren't big into super hero movies.

After the movie we stopped to get groceries and then Dan walked me over to a group baby shower the church was hosting for me and two other ladies expecting babies in August. It was a backyard BBQ with fellowship and games.




I had a great time and felt very blessed by the prayers and encouragement but the whole event made me a little bit happy-sad. I was happy because I am so grateful that Dan and I were led to this church so quickly after leaving the church that we both knew and loved so much. The relationships and support we've received from this community really helped to heal a lot of the hurt we felt in the fall after leaving. But it still made me sad because I miss the relationships we had that are now much diminished and the still raw parts of my heart were a little sore. But, life goes on so we power through.

Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment