May 1, 2017

Weekending it

Happy May!!

Well, my apologies for that unplanned blog break last week. There wasn't much to share.

This weekend was fantastic!! The weather was summery and amazing and my twin sister Mandy came for a quick visit. She is moving to the area in June and we had one short weekend to go apartment hunting with her. While it was pretty business specific trip, we still had a lot of fun. She even brought some goodies for the baby and some more felty garlands for me.



I am hoarding vacation days right now to save for maternity leave so I have to restrict my time off but we decided this was worth a day since she arrived Friday afternoon. We got to have lunch together, a little shopping, bubble tea, and then we worked the whole afternoon on the registry. For some reason I've been really intimidated by the registry but Mandy just did it for me and helped me to stay on task. I'd say it's nearly complete now!


On Saturday Dan, Mandy, and I all got up early, grabbed some bagels, borrowed a friend's car and headed to New Jersey. We had a full agenda of viewing four apartments and the deep prayer that we would find something perfect for her to move into in June. The first place we looked at was perfect in my opinion and I was sold immediately. We stopped by two other places just to be sure and then felt certain that option one was the best. We headed back to the first place later in the day to submit her application. Squee!

And since we were in NJ and had a car, we headed over to pick-up the glider chair we had on hold from last weekend when we ordered it with Terri Mom and Allen Dad. Man alive was I glad we had Mandy with us because there was NO way I could help Dan carry that chair. The box didn't really fit in the car so they had to take the chair out of the box and squeeze it in. If Mandy wasn't with us I'm not sure how we could have done it. I'll post a picture later this week of the chair in it's new home. I LOVE it.

That night we relaxed and Mandy also made a mobile for the crib while she was here.


On Sunday Mandy left in the morning and Dan and I headed to church followed by grocery shopping and a long afternoon nap. Savoring these lazy afternoon naps while we can before they disappear come August. I made broccoli cheddar soup from scratch for dinner. It was pretty tasty but needs some tweaks before sharing the recipe here.


I'm so grateful for this past weekend and that it was truly an answer to many many prayers.  Apartment hunting is nerve wrecking, especially when you are trying to do it from out of state and it was such a relief for all us to have this piece of the puzzle out of the way. Onward to summer!!

No comments:

Post a Comment