June 9, 2017

Peeks from the Week

We had a busy, busy week.

Tuesday evening after work we took a 2-hour infant/child CPR class. I've taken two CPR classes in the past and they were informative but super boring. This class was oddly very entertaining as the instructor was fun and engaging and the 2 hours zipped by so fast. We both feel much more confident should any kind of choking or respiratory issue happen with the baby and I am relived that I'm not the only one in the house with some sort of knowledge about what to do.

We got up super early Wednesday morning to head back into the city for our 30-week doctor's appointment. It went well. Dan and I were both expecting to get some sort of snarky remark about our little trip to the hospital on Sunday but surprisingly my doctor was really nice and reassured us that going in for monitoring was the right thing to do. Since our appointment was so early we got to have a breakfast date together before going to work!

Wednesday night we headed to Broadway to see Charlie and the Chocolate Factory!!!


There are a couple of shows I really want to see before the baby comes and we are sort of cut-off from the freedom to see shows whenever. So since we got to see Lion King for free last month, we decided to splurge on (still affordable) tickets to see Charlie.



It was a GREAT show - exactly the kind of show that I love. It stayed mostly true to the story but had lots of modern adaptations. There were a couple of the original favorite songs (like Golden Ticket and Pure Imagination) and new songs as well. It had some contemporary twists (like Mike Teavee was a screen device obsessed teen who got his golden ticket by hacking into Wonka's computer system) and there were a lot of American pop culture references. We loved it.

The rest of this week we've been trying to get a lot of prep-work done around the apartment for baby's arrival. This weekend we have plans in the city, picnics with friends, a little baby shower at church, and then next week MANDY ARRIVES to move into her new apartment and my family comes out to help with a very busy but festive weekend ahead!!!!

We've had gloomy and disappointing weather all week but summer returns tomorrow with temps climbing to the 90s! Yay!! Happy weekend everyone.

1 comment:

  1. I have to take CPR because I'm a 911 dispatcher. I have yet to attend an interesting class.
    I'm not much into musicals but I'd love to see one for Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.

    ReplyDelete