June 29, 2017

Summer Bucket List

The first day of summer was last week. But here in NY, school just got out for summer break yesterday so, in my opinion, that's when summer really starts (even though I'm not a teacher nor do I have a school aged kid). I kind of love that school gets out so late here because it helps me feel like summer extends farther into "fall" than in other parts of the country.

Even though this summer will be a little different with the fast approaching arrival of the baby at the beginning of August, I still wanted to have a little list of fun things we plan to do, whether before or (ambitiously) after the baby come.

Not gonna lie, it's kind of a cheater list since several items on this list are already scheduled within the next two weeks. BUT, it's the effort that counts and I'm trying to be realistic about what's possible with this bump and then babe.


A few things about this list,

1) I've been craving shaved ice since last summer when we trekked to kingdom come trying to find that stuff in the city. We ended up with shaved ice cream which is NOT the same and NOT what I wanted. I just don't understand why in a city with cuisine from all over the world, no one has thought to bring that beautiful Hawaiian shaved ice into the city? There seem to be places on Long Island and the Jersey Shore but I want it down the block!!  Now that Mandy is here and she has a car, I'm hoping I can finally get that shaved ice fix and I hope it's everything I've ever dreamed of

2) I want a hotdog. BADLY. But I'm trying to be good and avoid deli and mystery meat until after the baby arrives. I expect a Nathan's famous is one of the first things I'll request in the hospital. The hard part will be resisting one when we go to a Cyclones game at Coney Island next weekend.

3) This year's beach day will have to be just beach no water as I do not have a maternity swim suit and I do not intend to buy one.

Cheers to the best time of the year!!!

Summer Bucket Lists from Years Past
2016 we didn't do one :o(
2015
2014

No comments:

Post a Comment