May 9, 2017

Peeks from Last Week and Weekending it

I'm trying not to fall behind on recapping our little mundane life moments. Last week got away from me and yesterday was busy busy. I've also been bad a taking photos and I suppose that's not important but with the baby arriving at the end of summer, I'll treasure looking back at these simpler days, no matter how ordinary and boring they seem to other people.

Last week Dan hung out with a new friend while I went to hang out with two friends from grad school that I rarely ever see anymore. We had dinner and then enjoyed dessert from her fancy rooftop overlooking the city.


Even though we were celebrating their May birthdays, they gave me some sweet gifts for the baby. So cute!!!


This past weekend we were super busy with chores. We sent our Christmas tree off to its second life in Kansas (Terri Mom, be on the lookout), we picked-up packages at the mail center, dropped off our purge pile at the Salvation Army, picked out frames for Dan's new glasses, and then walked down to 86th street for some shopping and a bubble tea treat.

It's sort of frustrating to me that I seem to have a lot more energy and am in a lot less pain during the week compared to the weekend. I suppose I should be grateful for that since work is important but I'd like to be able to do more stuff on the weekends and not feel like someone dropped an anvil on my tailbone every time we have to walk somewhere. It's the strangest thing, it's fine come Monday morning but on Sunday I was nearly immobile for some time.

Anyways, Saturday night Dan and I spent two frustrating hours hanging up art prints in the baby's room. Mandy picked some really cute prints and I ordered them online and ordered frames from Amazon. Everything was really great quality but the frames required some assembly and Dan and I had to drill the holes and install the wire in the frame before hanging them. MAJOR PAIN IN THE BOOTY. We were not very kind to each other during the process but we succeed and they look SO cute. Nursery sneak peek, including the glider chair from Terri Mom and Allen Dad!!!


Sunday we got up early and served on our respective teams at church. I helped with brunch and Dan did welcome team. We did grocery shopping after, made a stop at Target, and then collapsed back at home around 4 pm. Exhausting, but we got so much done. We also managed to watch a sufficient amount of television including the Kentucky Derby. I'm pretty sure I will never understand the appeal of that event.

This week is exciting because it's a short work week and we're headed to Boston on Friday for our annual spring trip which is doubling as our babymoon this year! YAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment