May 22, 2017

Weekending it

We had a jam-packed weekend.

On Saturday we attended a workshop in the city on evangelism and apologetics for a program we are participating in. I was not excited about it because it's not my forte. But! I was really surprised how interesting it was and how great the speakers were. Dan and I had a lot to talk about afterwards. That night we had dinner at a friends house where we ate Korean style for the first time (on the floor) and then played games. I laughed so hard I was crying.

Sunday we got up and headed into the city again and this time we headed to the NYC Baby Expo. A couple of months ago I entered a ticket giveaway and lost. But my friend won and she gave us her tickets!!! It was a special treat to go since we have a baby on the way and we got to check-out a lot of cool products. I entered about a dozen raffles and give-aways which I expect to win none of and will subsequently receive spam email for years. We also collected a lot of swag and freebies.





A lot of the booths had great discounts running so we purchased some things too like a fold-up playmat, nursing/pumping tanks, and some baby clothes. I liked the baby clothes the most since every piece was only $5 or less and we got a few cute things.


Randomly, we ran into a couple that we haven't seen in at least four years. I'm always amazed at how small this city really is even though it feels humongous.

After the show we walked for eternity to get salads at a place I've been craving. Then we walked all the way back to Times Square to get some splurge Broadway tickets for this summer (squee!). We got back home around 4 pm and then we spent the next two hours cleaning the apartment. We were behind on our tidy routine and I knew if I sat down I would never get up and then we would be another week behind with guests expected next weekend. So we powered through and caught-up. Grocery shopping followed (we hadn't gone in two weeks) and then we finally collapsed on the couch.

And today it is dreary and rainy. Fitting for a Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment