April 11, 2017

Show and Tell Tuesday: Prom Night

It's Show and Tell Tuesday with Andrea!


Today's prompt is Prom Night, show and tell us about your prom experience(s).

Well, prom. A few things to note, I was painfully awkward in high school. Read more here. I did well academically and I had friends but I did not leave high school feeling like it was the greatest time in my life and I'd go back in a heartbeat. No sir. I'm glad I never have to experience high school again.

This post is kind of sad and pathetic. 

I never had a boyfriend in high school, in fact I never really talked to boys in high school. However, my sister and I felt like if we didn't go to prom we would regret that we missed that experience. So we convinced one of our friends to come with us and just go for fun. I believe that's what they call "going stag." We bought our dresses at JCPenny, Mandy made our corsages, and our older sister Jessy (who is beautiful and popular and went to prom like 4 times in high school and always with a date) did our hair and make-up.


Mandy and I worked that day so we didn't have all day to prepare. We didn't get our nails done or anything like that. We ordered pizza and ate it at home. Our dad drove us to the venue.

The theme (or non-theme) was "Red Velvet Lounge." The decorations were red. I remember the venue was like a club and it had two levels so you could watch the people dancing from a balcony above. We did not have fun. We didn't dance, we didn't mingle, we just stood around looking awkward. My favorite part was the chocolate fountain. I've learned a lot of things since then about how to blend in and not look lame.

After the "dance" we went back to our house and changed and then drove ourselves to After Prom which was at one of those arcade type places. It was a huge disappointment because you had to pay for all the games and the food was no good. The place had a very after-hours deserted feel to it and not many people showed-up. Overall the entire night was an epic waste of money. But hey, we went and rather than regretting that we didn't go to our prom, we regretted that we did!

Dan didn't go to his prom, because Dan was smart.

2 comments:

  1. Haha bummer that you didn't enjoy your prom! I got a few prom dresses at JC Penney too over the years!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like you, I don't miss high school. I was pregnant my Junior Prom but went to my Senior Prom. I have two teen boys, both Seniors. One is attending prom with his GF this weekend. The other has no desire and won't be going.

    ReplyDelete