April 10, 2017

Weekending it

I'm always grateful for weekends without commitments. On Friday night we had a friend over and we bought Star Wars Rouge One on Amazon. Neither Dan or I had seen it and our friend was happy to see it again. Both she and Dan are sort of Star Wars nerdy. I thought it was good but I didn't think it contributed much to the overall series plot...sorry?

Saturday we did lots of catch-up on chores. We deep cleaned the bathroom and I dusted the bedroom and changed the sheets. I have a bit of a "schedule" for cleaning chores so we only have to do one or two things every week. But the past few weeks we've slacked off and everything needed to be done at once. Dan also finished assembling the dresser for the baby's room and while it's still a mess in there, things are slowly coming together!

We went out to lunch to celebrate Dan's small bonus at work and then we did a little bit of splurge shopping. I forgot to take pictures because I was too busy inhaling chips and guac which the baby lovesssss. We got bubble tea as an extra treat since the nice weather is finally returning!!! We got spring haircuts too.


Sunday was a long day. I was serving on the brunch team at church so I was busy from 9 am until 2 pm and then we hung out with a new friend and got bubble tea again! Double win weekend. We sat outside for over two hours just enjoying the return of the sun. Ordinarily I would have been so exhausted after church that we would have gone home and napped but since the sun was out I had energy. I was glad to know that the weather did give me a boost and it wasn't going to be permanent exhaustion because of the baby.

The week ahead is pretty packed. We have our second birthing class, two nights with dinner guests, and I have another OB appointment on Thursday where I hope my Dr. can give me some condescending advice on why it feels like someone hit my pelvis with a sledgehammer. Fun times.

No comments:

Post a Comment