April 14, 2017

Peeks from the Week

Despite the busy week I still have more energy thanks to the return of the sun and the appearance of spring!!!


On Tuesday night we had new friends over for dinner so we treated them to our favorite Indian food in the neighborhood and then they treated us to Thai rolled ice cream. There is a Thai rolled ice cream place in our area now and we had never tried it. I really liked it and will convince Dan to take me back this weekend.


Wednesday night we went back to the Upper East Side for our second and last birthing class. I try not to think about how much money we spent on these two classes but what are you gonna do? We flushed the toilet and the money is gone so just deal. It's wasn't completely useless but it wasn't worth what we paid. I wonder sometimes if people who aren't living in the NYC area know what prices are really like out here. So, full disclosure, we paid $350 for two classes. It was in the waiting room of a doctor's office. There were about 15-20 other couples and we watched a birthing video circa 1992 which I could probably find on YouTube. Then the instructor taught us how to breathe and push, also something you could find on YouTube. And then she demonstrated how to swaddle and bathe a baby using a super dirty looking cloth doll, also something you could find on YouTube. First-time parents suckered.

Thursday morning we had my monthly OB visit. We got there super early again so we grabbed breakfast together beforehand. The frequency of these visits is sort of annoying but if we get a special breakfast date before work, I'm happy about that. Everything is going well, as far as we can tell. We get very very little information from my doctor and every time we leave I'm more disappointed. I'll be finding another OB as soon as this pregnancy is over. It's just not worth it to feel so insecure when you are asking valid questions.

Thursday night we hosted our Table again for our church group. We had less people this time which made for a more relaxed feel. I mainly entertained the kids so the adults could play Catch Phrase.


Today is FRIDAY! Dan and I were both hoping we'd get to leave work a bit early for the Easter holiday. No such luck. But tomorrow is Saturday and the weather this weekend is miraculous so I can't complain! Look at my cute napkin note from Dan.


No comments:

Post a Comment