April 7, 2017

Peeks from the Week

Busy, busy week. Grateful that it's Friday and the weather is supposed to get warm next week. We've had a lot of cold rain here. Hopefully that means April showers bring May flowers???

This week we tried to make progress on putting together the dresser and bookshelf we got from IKEA a few weekends ago. And by we, I mean Dan. My job is to purge and find new places for the things we are keeping. I'm shocked at how big our purge pile is getting. We got rid of so much stuff before we moved last summer and then more still after we moved in and now even more. I feel like we get rid of so much stuff and there is still more stuff!!

On Wednesday night we had our first birthing class (it's a two class course). It was the only birthing instructor recommended by my doctor's office and I was honestly too overwhelmed to look into alternatives. It was really informative for Dan and somewhat informative for me. It's sufficient, we'll just say that. Definitely not worth what we paid but that's how it always goes. Interestingly, out of the 20 or so couples in the class, Dan and I appear to be the youngest which is incredibly odd since we seem to be the oldest in most other cases. Also, I was the least far along out of all the women. I'm 22 weeks today and most women in the class are due in 4-6 weeks. I guess I signed-up too soon? I don't know I just wanted to get it out of the way. The class was from 7-9 on the Upper East Side and didn't end until 9:30 so it was 9:45 by the time we got on the subway.

And of course, we had train trouble. We got halted at Times Square and after waiting 10 minutes eventually were told that trains were not running past Canal. And then they said no trains were running on that line at all. So we got off and waited for a different train that never came. So we took the shuttle to Grand Central and got on a different train which took a century to get into Brooklyn before we could catch our train to Bay Ridge. We didn't get home until after 11:30. Ugh, sometimes I hate NYC. This is our midnight selfie.


This week we've been really into watching this show "Life Below Zero" on Netflix which is a series about various people who live in the Alaska tundra. Very shocking and entertaining.

And since Easter is next week, I did a little decorating.









Happy weekend!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment