June 22, 2015

Weekending it

This weekend was equal parts productive, relaxing, social, and fun.  It was great and we are still riding the high of a good time.  That's the best medicine for Monday mornings.

Now for the recap...

On Friday after work I headed to Trader Joe's and then baked up a storm in the kitchen first with hummingbird cake (I'll share that recipe later this week), followed by banana bread (Dan's fave), and then pizza.


We went for a lovely evening walk to a friend's house to borrow a tool and then enjoyed frozen yogurt.  The city has some splendid sunsets.


Saturday morning we slept-in a little, I started some pulled pork in the crock-pot, and we headed out for my first tennis lesson from Dan.


Now, little known fact, Dan was a tennis champion.  He and his partner, Jeff, made it to state in high school and only placed 8th because the team they played cheated.  Technically they should have placed 4th or 5th, but in any case, still cool.  THROWBACK:



Look at how cute he is!!

We went to two separate tennis courts and they were both full so we made our own court in an empty lot.  Considering I haven't played racket sports since gym class in high school (a pitiful display), I think I did pretty well.  Dan was a good and kind, patient coach.  Then we got rained on, but we shall return.  




The rest of the day we watched Friends, Handy DAN-dy installed a door sweep on our front door to keep hallway bugs out. 


And I finally finished sewing the tablecloth for the kitchen.


Much like my face, the tablecloth only looks presentable from a distance.  Don't look at it too closely or you might be appalled.  Terri Mom better get out here and give me a lesson on sewing bias tape straight.

Now, can someone please tell me why this is happening:


We played some Scrabble (look closely, there is a misspelled word which I just noticed)


And then ended the evening by delivering and enjoying a meal of pulled pork, homemade macaroni and cheese, watermelon, and hummingbird cake with the newest addition to our church family.

Sunday, Dan preached.  Excellently.  I actually got to be in the service and he did a fantastic job.  I love my Preacher Man.


At the end of service we commissioned our new head Pastor, Will, and his family.  We are THRILLED that they are here and it feels like an anvil has been lifted from the collective chest of the church body.




Sunday after church we had an impromptu Chipotle date with the tear-down team.  Dan and I returned home for relaxing and more Friends.  Then we got all gussied up for pictures in the park.  I want some nice photos of Dan and me that were not in our wedding attire so we met our friends Brian and Emily of Landshaw Photography for a quick mini-shoot.  Then we enjoyed dinner and great conversation on their rooftop. 





It was a wonderful and well appreciated weekend.

1 comment:

  1. The sewing machine was mid stich when u stopped, next time turn the needle dial on the side, before lifting the foot. You should be able to feel the extra thread clear when turning the dial.

    ReplyDelete