June 15, 2015

Weekending it

This weekend was both fun and productive.  And I have literally no visual proof to show for it since I took 0 pictures.  Oops.  I have a criteria on this blog that there has to be at least one picture per post.  Anyways, I'm going to have to break that this one time because I don't have any and I don't want to just skip reporting on the events of the weekend.

Dan returned to me on Friday night and it was bliss.  He brought me back some Kansas souvenirs like a lovely ornament for our Christmas tree, yummy chocolate covered sunflower seeds, and a cute notebook and pen.  I totally should have taken a picture.  Fail.

Dan put the A/C units in the windows and then Jess, Dan, and I stayed up until 1:00 am chatting.

Saturday morning I slept-in until 10 am (much to Jessy's annoyance).  We had bagels and then Jess and I headed to 86th street for girl time and shopping.  We hit the jack-pot at TJ Maxx, Century 21, and Gap Factory.  Then we got pedicures.  Again, totally should have taken a picture.  Double fail.

We met Dan at a yummy local taco joint for an early dinner and then walked home together.  That night we rented Imitation Game on Amazon and had cheesy popcorn for snack.

On Sunday Jessy and I lounged in bed after Dan left for church.  We headed to church later and Jessy helped me in my pre-k/K class.  It was GREAT having the extra hands and she was so helpful.  Plus the kids loved her and they actually were quiet when I was reading the Bible story.  Our new Pastor, Will, was there to observe the classes.  I was really nervous about that but it turns out he just came in to say hi and meet the kids.

After church, Jess and I picked up a pizza from our favorite local pizza joint and enjoyed lunch before she left for the airport.  Dan returned from church tear-down just in time to say good-bye to her as well.  That afternoon Dan and I teamed-up to do laundry and then relaxed the rest of the evening.  This week, it's back to routine.

Come back tomorrow for Show and Tell Tuesday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment