June 3, 2015

Queen for a Day: Jessy

I've talked a lot about my twin sister, Mandy, and today I want to introduce you to my bestest older sissy, Jessy.

It was her birthday a couple of weeks ago and I forgot to give her a blog shout-out (terrible, terrible me).  So to make-up for my error, she gets a whole post to herself.


HIPPO belated BIRDIE shout-out JAGEE!  We love you.


She is a truly gorgeous, smart, funny, charismatic,  high-powered professional knocking things out in San Fran, fashionable, and adoring older sister.  And I love her.

One great thing about growing-up is getting closer with your siblings.  Mandy, Jessy, and I got along pretty well as kids but we had our moments.  Sometimes Mandy and I would gang-up on Jessy and leave her out of our twin connection.  Sometimes Jessy and I would gang-up on Mandy and leave her out of our conversations.  See the common denominator there?  Sorry...just the benefits of being a "middle" child.   But with time and distance we have grown closer.  And honestly, despite how we sometimes treated each other, we all love each other fierce.




Mandy and I have always looked-up to Jessy as our cool older sister.  We idolize her cool clothes, pretty make-up, and nice hair.  When we started high school and she was a senior we felt a little bump in the social ladder because she belonged to us.  We liked how she sometimes braided our hair, how she taught me to apply mascara, that she would pluck our bushy brows before school started, and share her stories about boys.


She was mature and sophisticated, had tons of friends, and boyfriends.  She hung-out with friends on the weekends, went to parties, and listened to all the popular music.  Mandy and I were the exact opposite with just a handful of friends, no boyfriends, listened to country music, and watched TV with our parents on Saturday night.  We relied on her to teach us things about the world.  Things only older sisters know. 

As adults, she has given career and relationship advice.  She made me look and feel beautiful on my wedding day with her make-up and hair skills.  She commiserates with me.  Laughs with me.  Gossips with me and loves me.  I am so grateful for her.


Her name is Jessica Leigh.  Most people call her Jess but to me she is Jessy, my older sister.  Our Jagee.

No comments:

Post a Comment