September 27, 2022

Snip-its of School

I absolutely LOVE Kip's Kindergarten teacher because she shares photos from the classroom nearly every day on an app!! It is in no way expected of her but so very, very appreciated by all the parents. I am so grateful for any teeny tiny peek into Kip's life at school. 






So far, Kip is loving Kindergarten. It is much more academically rigorous than I was expecting but in actuality the teaching approach still appears to be play-based so Kip hasn't felt overwhelmed and looks forward to his "worky." He gets to eat lunch in the cafeteria and has specials this year with Music, Art, and Gym. There are 14 girls in his class and five boys (including him). Only two kids from his class last year are with him again this year, so he has made many new pals. He does get to see some of his old friends in different classes at lunch, recess, and gym. He has told me on several occasions that he wishes he could live at school.





I joined the PTO again this year but I did not volunteer to do room mom because it was an expensive and stressful effort last year. Last week, at Back to School night, Kip's teacher said no one signed-up to be room mom for the class and they needed someone otherwise there would be no class parties. I felt like with a bit of experience behind me, supplies left over, and covid restrictions gone, maybe it would be easier this year? I certainly want Kip's class to have the class parties! So I volunteered again, wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment