September 16, 2022

Peeks from the Week

Wooo-weeee B U S Y!

Sorry for the unintended break. After a busy weekend filled with work obligations, I had a busier week filled with to-do lists, appointments, meetings, etc. I am grateful it is Friday! Here is a little catch-up before I get back into blogging stride next week. 

The 9/11 anniversary fell on a Sunday this year and I had a 6 AM call time that morning. Mandy suggested Dan and I find a hotel in the city to stay in Saturday night as a mini get away and to ease a crack-of-dawn commute. Dan and I didn't really celebrate our wedding anniversary this year which fell on the day we were traveling back from Colorado, so the overnight stay in the city was a perfect little treat both as a belated celebration and a convenience for work. 

We were able to see the Tribute in Lights up close and I had just a 2 block walk to work the next day. It was perfect.

Kip is really enjoying Kindergarten and although he is already sick and has his first absence for the year, we are grateful he is eager to go every day and is making new friends.

Mandy and I are loving taking turns making Kip's lunch every day and Ivy loves full access to all the toys while Kip is at school. She also loves greeting Kip when he gets home and reconnecting with him through play.

Summer temperatures are fading and the sun is sinking faster every night. Autumn is around the corner and we are searching for things to keep our spirits up this fall. For starters, Mandy and Ivy made pumpkin bread.

This weekend is filled with car appointments, chores, and likely sniffly kids. I hope yours is looking better.

1 comment:

  1. Uh oh! I see nose wipes in your future❤️ Hope everyone feels better soon

    ReplyDelete