August 1, 2022

While We Were Gone

My mom always loved the blog, read every post, and really enjoyed the regular glimpses into our life. I know she would want me to keep posting, so I will.

While Mandy and I were back in Colorado to be with our mom during her last week, Dan stayed at home with the kids. It was such a last minute trip that we had no time to really prepare for our absence. Mandy and I coordinate so much of the house prep (meal planning, groceries, etc.) that we felt like we left Dan in a lurch. I knew he could handle it, but it was a lot to expect with no clear idea of when we'd be back. Fortunately, Dan's mom was able to come out and give him a hand in our absence. I meant so much to me that she was here and helped to relieve much of my stress.

Of course, Grandma brought a blast and was able to store many happy memories for the kids during an otherwise very sad time.










Ivy warmed-up to Grandma after a couple of days, Kip adored the undivided attention, and they all got spoiled.
 
Thank you Terri Mom, you know how much it meant to me. I am grateful for you and your mothering presence in our lives.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so grateful for you too. Love you all. Terri Mom

    ReplyDelete