August 25, 2022

Peeks from the Week

Life is a snowball of stress right now. So much to do, so many things coming up, sad, etc. We will get through it, just rough in this moment.

Kip had Kindergarten Orientation yesterday. It was so much easier walking into the building having some history behind us. Kip really is a celebrity there. All the teachers (principle included) called him by his name (or a nickname they have for him). We met his new teacher and saw his classroom. Unfortunately, his two best buds are in another class. Kip is fine with it but I'm a little bummed. I just don't have the energy to start fresh making new mom friends or trying to break into mom groups that already exist. I won't volunteer to be a room mom this year so I doubt I'll get to peek into Kip's school life like I did last year. Sigh.

Anyways, Kindergarten is legit! Like full on subjects and intense academics. Apparently, he will learn how to read this year. Dan and I don't remember learning how to read until the end of First Grade. My memories of Kinder are all fun and games, times have changed I guess. Kip's classroom had next to no toys in it and I felt sad that he really is in big kid school. 

Tomorrow we leave for Colorado. Packing five people is woof!! So much stuff. 

I am looking forward to seeing family but I know it will be really hard to be back home, officially knowing my mom won't be there. I had a dream the other night with her in it. It was just a normal dream with normal stuff but I remember being really happy to see her in the dream and I didn't really remember why until I woke up. Gut punch.

In other news, Kip got his second Covid shot so he will be good to go for Kinder. And Ivy is making potty progress

Please pray I don't need a re-do root canal. Lord knows I don't have time for that.

Catch you all late next week.

1 comment:

  1. Such cutie pie pictures! You’ve been on my mind all week, but especially today. We love you lots❤️Just remember one step at a time. Love to all

    ReplyDelete