August 2, 2022

Life Lately

A little bit of catch-up. The week after Mandy and I got home from Colorado, we both took some time off of work. Dan worked from home and we did fun summer things together as a family. 

One of the last things my mom said to me on the phone before she was put on the ventilator was that she wanted to go back to the beach. We had gone to Asbury Park when my parent's visited in June. She loved it. So we took the kids again for Marmee.





We played in the sand, dipped our toes in the water, got ice cream, and the kids rode the quarter ride machines. Mom would have loved to come.
 

It was a heatwave through much of the country when we returned so we went to the pool nearly daily. We are SO grateful to have access to a nice pool that is NEVER crowded.





Kip went to Yoga Camp at the school in July taught by his Pre-K teacher. It was just for two hours in the morning for four days a week but he loved it. He has also been improving in swim lessons! He is now in level 2 and goes twice a week for summer swim at the YMCA. He is proud and so are we.



My tomato plants are struggling in all this heat and have grown leggy and yellow from lack of direct sunlight. BUT, it is harvest time and I am getting handfuls of sweet cherry tomatoes almost daily. Even the kids eat them!

My coworkers sent me a lovely Peace Lily plant in memory of my mom and I hope we can keep it thriving long enough to watch it bloom.

They caught a raccoon on our neighbor's roof. Apparently he made a home in their attic. Eek! But look at how sweet his little face is!

It is August and that is our celebration month. Mandy and my birthday, Kip's birthday, and Dan and my anniversary. We are trying our best to enjoy every drop left of summer, do things Marmee would have wanted to hear about, and look for her presence peeking into our lives from time to time.

1 comment: