May 18, 2022

Weekending it

 I'm really hoping not to make a habit of mid-week posts recapping the weekend, but I suppose it really doesn't matter.

Things are a strange mix here. It's starting to feel like summer. Fun events are happening. It's beautiful outside and we feel refreshed. But then...that big C is rearing back up again and every time it gets nutty. It's always worse in the city. Kip had a close contact last week. So did Mandy. Kip and Ivy had bad colds that both resulted in ear infections. Dan and I caught the cold as well and despite the symptoms, everyone kept testing negative. We all agreed to have my parents postpone their planned visit. It just didn't make sense to bring more into the mix and we all want to be healthy to have the most fun. They will come in mid-June instead. 

We tried a new mobile urgent care on Saturday which was lovely. Nurses came to our door to test Ivy and prescribe antibiotics for her ear. Let me tell you, it was SO nice not to wait in a crowded waiting room for several hours!!! All hail the return of the house call!

By Saturday, everyone was doing better. Kip went to swim lessons. Dan took the kids on a bike ride. And Mandy and I did loads of projects outside. She finished planting and seeding and cleaning and I sanded and painted the front door frame (it was chippy).



I had already requested vacation days on Monday and Tuesday so although my parents didn't visit, I kept the time off. Mandy and I took Ivy to the garden center and Hobby Lobby. Girlfriend loves to shop and was such as sweet pal to bring around. We were always wrangling Kip at this age (remember his leash?) but Ivy sticks close by and makes outings a breeze.





Real shopping always inspires play shopping.

I finished wrapping presents and we all pitched-in to get decorations up for Ivy's birthday. I'll do a full recap of that but it was a great day celebrating our little cutie.

No comments:

Post a Comment