May 11, 2022

Weekending it

A little late about our weekend recap, it was a hectic weekend.

Last week Kip had a very eventful week at school. On Wednesday he got to take the school bus for the very first time on a field trip to the local library (approximately a 2 minute drive). He was very stressed and nervous about it and gave us many hard mornings and tearful bedtimes the few days prior. But, of course, he loved it once it happened. This is him and his teacher on the bus.

On Thursday, his class took another small field trip to walk to a local florist shop to pick-up flowers for the Mother's Day spa his class was hosting. 

Thursday night, Kip started acting a little off and was very weepy and sad at bedtime. The next morning he was still off and I figured it was due to nerves about the Mother's Day Spa that day at school. I was really excited to attend and didn't want him to miss out either. The kids had prepared for a long time, had the room decorated, and treated the moms to hair, make-up, nails, coloring, and snacks. I tried my best to pull Kip out of his funk but he just wasn't happy. So, I had a quick manicure and he decided he wanted to come home with me early. 

Nevertheless, I left with adorable handmade treasures. 

Naturally, Kip had a fever that afternoon and into the next day which explained his funk. Dan took him to the doctor to get all the tests (required for school). Later that night we found out that a friend in his class tested positive for covid. I figured Kip must be positive as well based on his symptoms. We didn't get his results back until Monday night, by which point Kip was doing better. Fortunately, he was negative and after a couple more days at home to recover, he returned to school today with permission from the school nurse.

Ivy is sick now but fairing much better than Kip did with this "average" virus. 

My parents are supposed to visit this coming weekend to celebrate Ivy's birthday so hopefully everyone is recovered by then. 

Despite having sick kids and crummy weather, I had a really enjoyable Mother's Day. I got to sleep-in (my most favorite thing in the whole world) and Dan and the kids delivered coffee and a waffle for me to enjoy in bed. I received wonderful cards and gifts as well.

When I was a kid, I always loved a pencil sketch my mom had hanging on our wall of a photo of when my sisters and I were little. I loved it and told Mandy I wanted one like that of Kip and Ivy. She and my mom found an artist on Etsy to do TWO sketches for me which Mandy had framed. I LOVE THEM SO MUCH (they are even better in person). They are incredibly well done and now I want two more and others to add in the coming years for a beautiful collection. 

It's midweek now and the weather is supposed to be fabulous for the rest of the week. I'm hopeful we can redeem this last weekend with the upcoming one and make it fabulous. Happy Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment