April 30, 2021

Weekending + Peeks

Woof! I got behind this week! We had a bit of an off schedule which sort of threw my routine a bit so today, I'll play catch-up. 

Last Friday, we took Kip to the dentist. It had been over a year and a half since his last visit. EEK! He had a routine cleaning on the calendar for May 2020 but naturally it was cancelled for Covid and then I just didn't reschedule it. And then we moved and well it got away from me. I was moderately terrified we'd be faced with dental issues as a result. Anyways, we found a pediatric dentist not far from us and I prepped Kip by showing them videos they posted on their Instagram page and generally hyping up the experience. Kip can be a bit volatile when it comes to new or different things. Sometimes prep works, sometimes it backfires. Fortunately, this time he was excited by the idea of the dentist. This facility is also well equipped for meltdowns and specialize in special needs kids so I was confident they'd get us through the experience even if a meltdown occurred. Kip decided to have Mandy go in with him (only one adult per kid per Covid protocol). It went really well and he got a shining report (or we did since we brush his teeth). Only one spot with a bit of plaque build-up! Kip got a little squishy tooth toy and that was it. So grateful for a smooth experience even if it's WAY overpriced.



Over the weekend we did a lot of outdoor projects. The HOA finished replacing our roof and gutters so we had a chance to start sprucing things up a bit. I need to do a reveal of the spring refresh once we finish, hopefully this weekend. 


 

Monday I had off from work. They've given us a few random Mondays off as "CEO holidays" in an attempt to boost morale. It was a nice day so Mandy and I took a five minute drive to a park in the neighboring town. It was totally empty so we let Kip play mask-free. And look, a train!
 



He had a blast but did mention "wanting friends." He is such a social kid and while he's done really well with the isolation, he still craves some companionship and Ivy just doesn't cut it for him. I'm really hopeful for the fall that he can have a somewhat normal school experience and at least get closer with kids his age. 

One funny thing he'd mentioned lately is going back to Storybook Land. We didn't go last summer at all but we do talk about it. Kip says, "when the virus is gone and Elsa opens the gates at Storybook Land she will come to my house to play." My heart! He is such a sweetheart sometimes. 

We had flipped days this week because Dan and I were originally scheduled to get our second shots on Tuesday so Mandy moved her days around with the other family she nannies for so that she could be home while we got shots. Then we rescheduled since the date wasn't three weeks from the first shot as recommended but by that time it was too late to move our schedule back. So, Tuesday and Wednesday flipped and now none of us know what day it is. Oh wait, FRIDAY! Thank goodness. Dan and I get our actual second shots this weekend. Me Saturday and him Sunday. 

Today is supposed to be really windy and pollen is falling all over everything outside. But the weather is starting to stay warm and they are getting the community pool prepped for summer! We are all really excited for the next couple of months. Summer is my lifeblood and I need a transfusion! Have a wonderful weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment