May 5, 2021

Tea for Two...or three

Kip got into tea parties while my parents were here.

There is an episode of Fancy Nancy with a tea party so that is where he got the idea for it. Ivy got a small doll sized tea set for Christmas from Grandma and Grandpa. The doll set is super cute but didn't allow for actual liquids to go into the tea pot. It's perfect for Ivy but we needed a set that allowed for real play as well as pretend play. We found the set I had my eyes on at Target. It had been out of stock online around Christmas. Technically it's Ivy's, but in reality that means it belongs to Kip. We used "Marmee's tea" which is really just Gatorade.


Finally learning to drink from an open cup!!


And pouring from a tea pot!

Somehow after a few days it turned into requests for a tea party in my room at the patio table (we pulled it inside during the roofing).


And then one morning Kip and I had special Kippy and Mama time with a tea party breakfast (moved to the bathroom to minimize spillage).



Gosh I love him!

I remember when Mandy and I were little we had a porcelain tea set that was brown and cream colored. I distinctly remember making super sweet sugar water tea in that thing and the way the old porcelain made it taste. Plus the cups were so small they amounted to one sip. This little plastic set is great not only because it isn't breakable but also easy to wash. 

1 comment: