February 24, 2020

Weekending it

This past weekend Mandy was visiting Jessy in LA and Dan was helping chaperone a Youth Retreat at church.

So it was just Kippy and me flying solo!

On Friday we worked a lot on potty training.


The day went by really quickly and he was really well behaved for being stuck inside the whole time. 

I had a friend come over that night for a belated Galentine's hang with frozen pizza and a movie.


She didn't leave until late so I scrambled to clean-up, shower, and get to bed before my Kip alarm at 5 am.

Saturday was go-go-go from the instant. Usually Dan, Kip, and I lounge in bed for awhile but Kip wanted to get up and play right away. And I think since it's just me and him he has really wanted my full attention full time. I'm trying to really feed that want he has since right now I have the time before the baby comes. So my phone was away most of the day and I just watched him play or played with him. We went out to 86th Street to get lunch and a fun drink and get out of the house. This was a big step for me because right now I feel like I don't have a ton of energy for outings with him alone, especially at playgrounds since I can't chase after him as quickly as I used to.

We walked up to get Chipotle to-go and he listened to me so well at the park. We ate first.


And then we played. This park is never super crowded and it's geared closer to his age. He mostly wanted to run around and play with his cars in the dirt.


An older boy (4 years) really wanted to play with him and Kippy was happy about that except the kid refused to share his toy with Kip even though Kip was sharing his cars with him. That type of situation is tough because I can't force the kid to share so I just try to tell Kip that he doesn't want to share and that's okay. Kip tired of playing with him quickly because it wasn't any fun for him so he took off to do something else and the older kid just followed him around.


We stayed for about an hour and then headed home. I was exhausted afterwards but getting out and letting Kip run around really helps his mood. He was SO good when we got home. No accidents and we even got a poop in the potty!! The only tough time he gave me was right before bed and I had to put him to sleep without really rocking because he just wouldn't listen to me and calm down. But he was exhausted too and didn't fight going to sleep. Overall, a really great Kippy and Mama day.


The night had several wake-ups with his post-nasal cough. He ended up in bed with me at 4:30 and neither of us went back to sleep so we just got up for the day at 5 am.

We played and chilled waiting for Dada to come home that afternoon.




Dada arrived late afternoon and Kippy was so excited to show him his new LEGO airplane and play with him.


We had a friend come over for a late play date.


Dada brought Kippy a glow stick which was fun right before bed.


We had a great weekend but we love having Dada with us more.

No comments:

Post a Comment