February 18, 2020

Weekending it

It's always around this time of year that I start feeling super desperate for summer. We've had a really mild winter so far and I am very grateful for that but it could mean a brutal March. I just want health and sunshine.

This past weekend we stayed inside as it was quite chilly. Kip was on day 4 of potty training so Dan and I mainly kept an eye on him and watched a lot of TV. Kip took a 3 hour nap which was blissful since he was recovering from a cold and really needed it. I had to go in and check on him because he didn't move for the full three hours.


On Sunday we headed to church early since I was serving in the Tiny Tots class (Kip's class) and Dan was in youth. Kip was commando under his pants and he didn't have any accidents and even went to the bathroom in the big kid's toilet! Super proud of him. We did all our grocery shopping afterwards and didn't get home until 3 pm. Our fridge has been running a lot lately and making a louder noise so I'm crossing all my fingers it doesn't die after I stocked it with two weeks worth of groceries.Wouldn't that just be typical??

Sunday night I made us family dinner again and it's our new favorite thing. Kip eats and behaves so well at the table eating with us and it's a fun way to end/start the week.


Yesterday was President's Day but it wasn't much different than our typical Monday except Dada came home early to help with dinner and bedtime.


At the end of this week Dan is headed to a youth group retreat and Mandy is going to LA to visit Jessy. Kippy and I will be flying solo all weekend! I'm excited and terrified at the same time.

No comments:

Post a Comment