January 7, 2019

Weekending it

Despite the fact that I hate winter and the gloomy months ahead, I do enjoy the no-plan weekends this season offers. In the summer and fall we always seem to have plans to go and do fun stuff but this time of year we stick mainly to the apartment.

On Saturday I did actual meal planning. That was one of my half committed goals for 2019. Be better about meal planning and strategic grocery shopping. It is a frustrating process for me because inevitably, I'll make a plan and the grocery store won't have an essential ingredient (like swiss cheese) and then the whole plan is thrown off. This is a time when living in the suburbs would have it's perks. Just drive to another store. Here, um, no. One store or make something else. Anyways, this week went well and I got everything I needed!

In the afternoon we had friends over for a play date!



On Sunday we went to church. Kip split his lip open (minor). And we played in the afternoon and drank all of Daddy's tea.


It was both a productive and restful weekend. While I love going out and doing fun things together on the weekend, sometimes, it's nice to just settle in and get things done so the week is less stressful.

1 comment:

  1. I need to be better about meal planning as well. Being at home is definitely my favorite place to be, and the weekends without plans are sometimes the best ones for sure!

    ReplyDelete