January 21, 2019

Weekending it

Happy holiday Monday!!

Remember that snow I mentioned on Friday? Yeah, it never appeared. We got nothing. Whole lot of hype for rain. But, today, it's literally 1 degree outside. Yeah, not stepping outside of the apartment today. Yay for winter! NOT.

This weekend was really fun. Mandy stayed over Friday and we all hung out on Saturday. Since the snow was supposed to start that night we decided to do all our weekly grocery shopping on Saturday in case it was a mess on Sunday. Mandy helped me through Trader Joes and my two-week meal planning is still going well so far! We grabbed a few other things at Key Food and were done with all of it by lunch time!!

On Saturday night, Dan, Mandy, and I headed into the city to see Kinky Boots!!!



We got these tickets as a little Christmas bonus for Mandy. The show has been on Broadway for several years but is closing in April so we finally got tickets. It was great! A really fun show with an even better message about acceptance. Highly recommend.

On Sunday we dressed in our Chiefs gear in an effort to bring luck to Dan's team in the playoffs.


I'm not much of a football fan but I know one thing for sure, I don't care for Tom Brady and I really wanted another team to get to the Super Bowl besides the Patriots. Unfortunately, our shirts didn't work and Dan's team lost in a hairy overtime. I'm just going to call it now. Tom Brady is the Lance Armstrong of the NFL. There, I said it. Just waiting for the news to break.

Church had a low attendance this weekend and Kip had the play area practically to himself.


And, to document the experience, I'll share a story. Our church does brunch after service every week. Yesterday, after we ate, a friend wanted to chat with me so I handed Kip to Dan over the table. I forgot I had Kip's pacifier clipped to my shirt even though he had the paci in his mouth. Kip clamped down on it as Dan tried to pull him away from me (not realizing the paci was clipped to me). Eventually Kip opened his mouth and the pacifier flew back and hit me right in the eye. I saw little black spots for like a minute and my eyelid was bleeding! Man, it hurt. Lesson: don't clip the pacifier to your shirt.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing. You are so good at being descriptive. I felt like I was there with the pacifier event. I wanted to laugh and cry at the same time!

    ReplyDelete